Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rosemary Mustard Chicken

I am on a mission to eat healthy - time constraints and all, as I'm sure many of you are. So here is an EASY chicken marinade recipe (suitable for all you South Beach Phase 1 people too!) that I just have to share. Tomorrow's menu is stuffed banana peppers with caprese salad.......

Rosemary Mustard Chicken
8 chicken breasts (or two pounds chicken breast tenders - use the leftovers for salad!)

MARINADE:
1/2 cup Dijon (I use spicy) mustard
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 whole lemons)
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp minced fresh garlic (I use an entire bulb)
3 tbsp/T minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
*I also add a touch of balsamic vinegar

Instructions:
Make slits lengthwise (without cutting all the way through) in the chicken to allow the marinade to soak in. Put marinade and chicken in a zip-lock bag for 6+ hours (this can sit in the bag up to 48 hours). Either grill over medium heat about 10 minutes for tenders/25 minutes for whole breasts. OR bake in the oven on 375 for 10-20 minutes.

Serve with a salad of spinach, sliced bell peppers (orange are my favorite), safflower oil, and dashes of paprika, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment